Friday, September 28, 2012

Friday Post

Another week and month have come to a close here at the Boys & Girls Club of Northeast Florida. On Wednesday, September 26, we had our "Gather Around the Table" event at Brio restaurant in St. Johns Towncenter. 20% of all proceeds that day went towards the Boys and Girls Club of Northeast Florida. Tracey and I got there around 10:30, and the restaurant was packed by 12. Brio is a big, beautiful restaurant and the wait for tables was over 30 minutes! We had a table set up and a few people came over to ask what was going on. We have yet to have the exact numbers in but I can only imagine that the event was a huge success. More information to come!

Today I am visiting my first Boys & Girls Club as an intern. I will be taking pictures and hopefully will get to meet and interact with some members! I'm excited to go and see a normal day at one of the clubs. I will post pictures and write about my experience sometime next week!

Everyone here at the Boys & Girls Club of Northeast Florida wishes you and wonderful weekend, and don't forget to "be great"!

-Christy

No comments:

Post a Comment