Thursday, August 23, 2012

Fall Begins

Every new semester brings in new interns into the office of the Boys & Girls Clubs of Northeast Florida. My name is Tracey Clifton, and I am one of two interns for this fall semester. I am currently a senior at the Univeristy of North Florida and will be graduating in December. Although this is my last internship before I graduate, I have had two previous internships with U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development.

From those internships, I learned a lot about patience, but one thing I never got to see was the end result. Through those internships I would constantly try to help the public in finding assistance through housing and other outlets, but I never found out if the information I gave them actually helped or found them a place to live.

I am excited to be an intern with the Boys and Girls Club because I will be able to actually go to the clubs and see differences the Boys and Girls Clubs are making in the lives of over 1,500 young people, at fourteen locations in Duval Nassau, and St. Johns counties.

-Tracey Clifton- Fall 2012 Development Intern

No comments:

Post a Comment